Dear potential and prospective ICSPAH members,
This is a call for joining ICSPAH if you are not an ICSPAH member yet.
With China increasingly becoming stronger, ICSPAH is accordingly more professionally active and influential, and, in fact, playing an increasingly important role in the discipline. Many of our ICSPAH members have established national prestige in their disciplines, hold important offices in professional organizations, and are key members in their universities, colleges, or departments. While ICSPAH is enjoying its development, its size is relatively small, and there is a need for your support by becoming an ICSPAH member. The expertise, ideas, and vigor that you’ll bring to ICSPAH will make it a more visible, and influential professional society in the discipline.
In addition to contributing to the development of ICSPAH, you’ll have more opportunities of professional development and growth after becoming an ICSPAH member:
- You’ll be eligible to join ICSPAH delegations visiting China for scholarly presentations at different universities and colleges in China. The recent such opportunities include but not limited to
- A visit to College of Physical Education and Health at East China Normal University in Shanghai for presentation in summer, 2010
- A visit to Beijing Sport University for presentation at middle of July, 2010
- A visit to Shaoxing Institute of Culture and Technology（绍兴文理学院）and Nanchang University（南昌大学）for presentation in summer, 2010
- More scholarly service opportunities will be available to you. In 2008, many ICSPAH members were involved in reviewing and revising abstracts（in English）submitted to 2008 Pre-Olympic Scientific Conference, and got a recognition letter from the Scientific Committee of the conference, which is an excellent vita builder. Such opportunities will be available at the 16th Asian Games that will be held in November 12-17, 2010 in Guangzhou, China. Please visit the following website for more information：刘江南局长会见刘展教授有关“２０１０年亚洲运动会”部分的会谈纪要（摘要）
- After becoming an ICSPAH member, you can enjoy a joint membership by choosing to join the Society of Chinese Scholars on Exercise physiology and Fitness（SCSEPF）as well. Now the two societies（ICSPAH & SCSEPF）are working on establishing a long-term collaboration. SCSEPF has agreed to provide the visiting research fellow opportunity for ICSPAH members to visit the Dr. Stephen Hui Research Center for Physical Recreation and Wellness, which is located at Hong Kong Baptist University. The possibilities of establishing a joint academic journal and collaborating the funding opportunities to members of the two societies are expected as well. In addition, you’ll have opportunity to serve on the executive committee or subcommittees of ICSPAH.
- You are eligible to apply for an annual mini research grant, which is available to ICSPAH members.
- Your information can be published on the ICSPAH quarterly newsletter.
The annual membership fee is $25 for general members and $10 for student members. You can also join ICSPAH as a life member by paying one-time fee of $200. Thank you for considering joining ICSPAH! When you are ready, please make a check payable to ICSPAH and send it to our treasurer of ICSPAH, Dr. John Liu at
Dr. John Liu
Department of Physical Education and Health Education
117 Wellness Center
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
Your support for ICSPAH is greatly appreciated!
ICSPAH Membership Committee（Dr. Wenhao Liu, Dr. Siu-yin Cheung, and Dr. Weimo Zhu）
For more information, please contact: Dr. Zan Gao [ email@example.com ]