- B. Sc. University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Ph. D .University of Liverpool, England
Professional and Experience:
- Professor Emeritus, California State University, Long Beach
- Research Officer, Department of Fishery, Hong Kong Government
- Research Scientist, Wood Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts
- Visiting Professor, Taiwan National University, Taipei
firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone 1-408-718-6628（worldwide）
Dr. Chan is a Professor Emeritus of California State University, Long Beach, where he has taught Geological Sciences for over 30 years. Previously, he served as a research scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts. He graduated from the University of Hong Kong with B.Sc. Special Honor. Later he was awarded a Government Scholarship to attend the University of Liverpool, England, where he completed his Ph.D. in two years.
Dr. Chan has participated in various international joint research projects involving scientists from Canada, Australia, Japan, Taiwan and China. Under the support of National Science Foundation, he was a Visiting Professor to the National Taiwan University, Taipei. He has received many awards including a Rotary Scholarship, and an UNESCO Fellowship. In addition, the National Science Foundation, Bureau of Land Management, Department of Interior, U.S.-China Cooperative in Science Program and private corporate foundations have funded and supported his research projects.