Dear CESASC members and friends,
The Chinese-American Engineers and Scientists Association of Southern California（CESASC）will hold its 55th Annual Convention on April 15, 2017 in Sheraton Universal Hotel, Universal City. The convention will feature a Luncheon, Technical Symposium, and Evening Gala and Awards Reception. Now we are soliciting applicants for three types of awards:
1. Student STEM Essay Contest：Future Technology That Can Improve Human Life
- The contest is open to all 6th to 12th grade students who are currently registered in a U.S. school. Students in other countries should contact Perceiver Education Inc. for International Student Category.
- Awards include three prizes:1st place - $500 and a trophy; 2nd place - $250 and a trophy; 3rd place - $100 and a trophy
- Sophomores or above（including graduate students）in US universities or colleges are eligible. Students from non-Chinese descent and/or from non-science/engineering majors are also welcome.
- All applicants should complete an online application at www.cesasc.org/content/2017-cesasc-scholarship-application by Feb 15, 2017.
- 8-10 awardees will be announced in late March, 2017. Each scholarship is $1,000.
3. Business Innovation Competition
- The 2017 Business Innovation Competition is open to all engineers, scientists, and college students.
- Based on submitted abstracts and business plans, 6-8 finalists will be chosen to present their business plans to a panel of judges on April 15, 2017.
- The top winning team will also be invited to a business venture camp in China in summer 2017.
The application links and deadlines are:
2017 CESASC Scholarship: February 15, 2017
2017 CESASC Student STEM Essay Contest: February 20, 2017
2017 CESASC Business Innovation Competition: March 1, 2017
Please click the above links for details.
We look forward to hearing from all of you. Please distribute this email to others who might be interested.