|2011 Long Beach-Qingdao Association CHINA TOUR （9/21-24）|
|2011/6/5 14:34:45 ｜ 浏览：2481 ｜ 评论：0|
Sept 12-24, 2011; Expected Price：$3030 per person, double occupancy*
Sponsored by Long Beach-Qingdao Association with Cruise & Tour International
This tour offers a UNIQUE perspective—an “insider’s” peek at one of the world’s oldest and yet fastest-modernizing civilizations The events and sites could ONLY be offered by those who know the country! As a sister city organization, we will be treated to the friendliest of welcomes by people who want to know us. Do not confuse this tour with any “package tour” you can purchase through an ad in the newspaper or magazine. This specially designed, affordable tour will feature extra time in the Shandong Province, the most popular oceanfront vacation area for Chinese tourists, as well as time in Beijing, the historic capital, and Shanghai, probably the most cosmopolitan city in the world! Even if you’ve been to China before, you’ll be treated to new experiences in this incredible country. Learn more—attend info session June 7th, 6-7:00 p.m. at Stearns Champions Park（4520 E. 23rd St., Long Beach）.
Sep 12（ Mon）– Depart LAX - Los Angeles / Beijing
- Take flight for Beijing, leave shortly after Midnight（NOTE：arrive at airport on Sep 11）.
- Cross the International Date Line.
Sep 13（Tue）- Arrive in Beijing, China 
- 05:20 am.- Arrive in Beijing meet and travel with local LBQA guide to the hotel for breakfast.
- 09:30 am - leave hotel for VIP city tour; visit Tian An Men Square, Forbidden City.
- Lunch at local restaurant; then back to hotel. The rest of the day at your leisure for LBQA tour guests.
- Dinner on own arrangement（recommendations will be offered with directions）Evening：Special event with leaders of China-US Business Summit.
Sep 14（Wed）- Beijing
- 07:30 am - Buffet breakfast at the hotel.
- 9:30 am - Morning tour to Great wall（Badaling）
- 1:00 pm – travel to and visit to Changling and Sacred Road .
- Traditonal Peking Duck LBQA Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
Sep 15（Thur）-- Beijing
- 7:30 am - Breakfast at the hotel.
- 9:30 am – Departure - sightseeing to Summer Palace; China’s second largest imperial garden.
- 1:00 pm - visit to the Temple of Heaven
- Lunch and dinner at the local restaurant.
- Evening event：Evening Show:The Legend of Gongfu.
Sep 16（Fri）-- Beijing – Qingdao
- 7:30 – am Buffet Breakfast at the hotel
- 9:00 am - Morning flight to Qingdao, a picturesque tourist destingation for many Chinese which was selected to host 29th Olympic Sailing Regatta in 2008 as was Long Beach in 1984.
- On arrival, meet local LBQA guide then transfer to the hotel.
- 12:00 - Chinese lunch and Seafood dinner at local restaurants.
- 1:00 pm - After lunch pay a visit to Qingdao Beer Brewery, May 4th Square, Music Square and Olympic Sailing Regatta Center.
Sep 17（Sat）- Qingdao
- 7:30 Breakfast at hotel.
- 9:30 - City Tour to explore the beauty of Qingdao. Special events and activities are being set up for this trip and will be announced at the information meeting or by calling the contact numbers below. Visits include Little Fish Hill, Zhan Bridge, Beaches, Old German Governor’s Residence and Scenery Eight Passes, City Hall and much more..
- Afternoon visit Xiaobaifan Dance Academy（whose dancers performed in Long Beach in 2010）, and additional LBQA VIP activities.
- Lunch at local restaurant, dinner on own.
Sep 18（Sun）-- Qingdao – Weifang （ B.L.D.）
- 7:30 am - Breakfast at hotel.
- 9:30 am - Travel from Qingdao to Weifang. Weifang is the World Capital of Kites, where International Kite Festival is held each year in the Spring. We will visit the village of Yangjiabu in Hanting District to enjoy the famous Folk Wood-block Prints（nianhua）and Kites production.
- Lunch and dinner will be served. Return to hotel, relax and enjoy the City on your own.
Sep 19（Mon）-- Weifang – Tai An）
- 7:30 am - Breakfast at hotel.
- Bus transfer from Weifang to Mt.Tai An - Cable car for Mt. Tai, one of the five sacred mountains of China. Mt. Tai boasts unique natural scenery with rich historic relics and artworks. Explore the mountain and enjoy the legacy of temples, trees, pavilions and calligraphy.
- Lunch and dinner will be served. Return to Hotel – relax and enjoy the City on your own.
Sep 20（Tue）-- Tai An – Qufu（ B.L.D.）
- 7:30 am - Breakfast at hotel.
- 9:30 am - Bus tour from Tai An to Qufu, the birth place of Confucius and a town with harmonies of carved stone, timber and imperial architecture. Pay a visit to the Confucius Temple, Confucius Mansion and Confucius Forest. Deepen the understanding of Confucius with his morality. A group picture to be taken at site. Lunch and dinner will be served.
Sep 21（Wed）- Qufu – Jinan（B.L.D.）
- 7:3Breakfast at the hotel
- Bus from Qufu to Jinan, the capital of Shandong Province. City tour includes famous Baotu Spring. Daming Lake. Explore many traditional Chinese cultural treasures in this city.
- Lunch and dinner will be served.
Sep 22（Thur）- Jinan – Shanghai
- 7:30 - Breakfast at the hotel
- 9:30 – leave for flight to flight to Shanghai
- Upon arrival – Check into hotel, relax and then board bus to take city tour in the afternoon. Visit Bund, Pudong area; World Expo construction; Maglev train（round trip）; final stop Xintiandi.. Explore the new culture of Eastern combined with Western.
- 9:00 pm - back to hotel, or free to stay and take a cab back by yourself
- Lunch at local restaurant..Late afternoon—Special event with American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. Dinner on own
Sep 23（Fri ）-- Shanghai
- 7:30 Breakfast at hotel
- Full day - Zhouzhuang Village Tour. - Zhouzhuang is one of the most famous water townships in China, noted for its profound cultural background, the well preserved ancient residential houses, the elegant watery views and the strong local colored traditions and customs
- Lunch at local restaurant. Dinner on own.
Sep 24（Sat）- Shanghai – Beijing
- Beijing – Los Angeles CA
- 7:30 - Breakfast at hotel - Free in the morning.
- 12:00 - Depart for airport after lunch.
- Depart for Los Angeles; change flight in Beijing; arrive Los Angeles on the same day.
- Approximate Per Person Price：$3030 / per person, two people per room（final price depends on airline）;$600 extra for Single Room supplement
You provide visa or purchase optional visa service：$155 （Chinese visa= $140 + $15 Service fee）
Price Includes: Air ticket; Activities with admission based on the itinerary; minor changes may be necessary, but any substitutions will be equal in value and announced to all participants in advance; All meals as indicated; Hotel as mentioned; Group Travel insurance.
Long Beach – Qingdao Sister City Association
400 Oceangate, Suite 510, Long Beach, California 90802
Mary E. Barton, Ph.D., President, LBQA
Terms and Details
September 2011 China Tour
- Information Session：Tues., June 7; 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., at Stearns Champions Park（community meeting room）, 4520 E. 23rd St., Long Beach; RSVP to（562）773-4725
- Dates of Trip：Sept 12- 24, 2011; NOTE：Departure is the NIGHT OF SEP. 11（fly overnight to Beiing）
- Airline：Air China, the national flag carrier of the Peoples Republic of China, and a member of the Star Alliance since 2007.
- Cities to be visited：Beijing, Weifang, Qufu, Jinan, and Shanghai（see official itinerary for details, activities, special events）
- Fee：$3030, per person, $600 single supplement; includes airfare, all hotels, and most meals, insurance（see official itinerary for details）.
- Deposit: $500 due by 5:00 p.m. June 25, 2011. Make checks payable to Cruise & Tour International（acceptable：cashier’s check, personal check, or money order; no credit cards）. Checks must be received by an officer of the LBQA or at Cruise & Tour International, 3868 Carson St., Suite 211; Torrance, CA 90503. （Deposits must include a photocopy of first page of your passport—no exceptions—see below.）
- Passport：The passport should have six months’ remaining validity from the date of departure, with TWO BLANK pages.
- Visa：A visa is required for U.S. citizens to enter China. You may obtain one yourself at the Consulate（requiring two trips, cost=$140）or Cruise & Tour International will secure your tourist visa for a service fee of $15. Allow six weeks..
- Balance of Fee: Remainder of fee must be paid by 5:00 p.m. August 10 to Cruise & Tour International; 3868 Carson St. Suite 211; Torrance, CA 90503
- Cancellation Policy：
- No charge if cancel before June 30
- $200 - Cancel between July 01 - 15
- 15% of total tour charge - Cancel between July 16 - 31
- 30% of total tour charge - Cancel between Aug 1 - 10
- 65% of total tour charge - Cancel between Aug 11 - 30
- 75% of total tour charge - Cancel between Sep. 1-5
- 100% of total tour charge - Cancel after Sep. 5