Job Position：Opening for R&D Director（Zhuhai）www.kemin.com
The R&D Director is the Chief scientific and technical Officer for Kemin businesses in China and is responsible for all research, product development and formulation activities from product conception to commercialization. This also includes full responsibility for the quality and safety of all Kemin products and programs as well as governmental regulatory compliance. This position also acts as the lead commercialization scientist for the application of new molecules resulting from the research program. All product development should meet the mission of improving the productivity, health, safety and stability of the world's food supply. The position is also responsible for setting the strategic direction for product development and commercialization activities in conjunction with the marketing and business development functions. The role of the product development and commercialization function is to combine strategic foresight in developing solution-based products as well as being nimble enough to respond quickly to an opportunity. The R&D Director is also responsible and accountable for providing technical support to assigned current and potential customers in order to demonstrate Kemin product effectiveness and to establish a long-term relationship with our customers in China. The R&D Director is a member of the Kemin AgriFoods China Executive Team.
Daily management and accountability for successful execution of the Research and Development function.
Develop, formulate and test new and improved products or processes within the framework of the Kemin Product Innovation Process（PIP）.
Provide leadership in the preparation of materials in support of commercialization and sales of new and improved products and programs.
Coordinate the commercial development of inventions from the hand-off point from exploratory research into the product development and commercialization phase in concert with the regional Marketing & Sales Directors.
Assess and implement new technologies resulting from both in-house exploratory research and through aggressive in-licensing.
Drive the acquisition of new technologies that would lead to new product applications.
Focus and prioritize product development, formulation and testing projects and associated scale-up investment costs in relation to market potential in conjunction with the marketing, business development and operations functions.
Assure appropriate quality testing procedures are in place and liaise with the operations department in the scale-up of new products as part of the product launch process.
To be the technical expert at selected accounts and will demonstrate the technical and communication skills in meeting customer needs with the products Kemin is currently marketing and will market in the future.
Responsible for identifying, evaluating criteria and needs, designing protocols, initiating tests with customers, coordinate parameters with Customer Lab Services and reporting findings to customers in a confidential standard form.
Coordinate all Customer Laboratory Services（CLS）projects and assure timely completion and subsequent business development opportunities.
Work closely with Kemin's corporate intellectual property protection function to secure proprietary positions on new product applications and ensure freedom to operate.
Ensure governmental regulatory compliance of novel technologies in Kemin's markets through close cooperation with the regional regulatory staff.
Motivate and develop direct report staff.
Cooperate on a worldwide basis with the other AgriFoods business units primarily on long term global scientific projects, while also using synergies for medium and short term local projects
Develop strong cooperative relationships with key academic individuals and public research funding establishments to further strengthen Kemin's product development and testing program.
1. PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, organic chemistry, microbiology or food science from a recognized university in the US or the UK.
2. Experience：At least 5 years of experience in cutting edge biological, chemical, food, nutritional science or agricultural research management in the West.
3. A proven track record of accomplishment in product development and commercialization by taking a product concept successfully from laboratory to the market
4. Demonstrated project management skills, experience in dealing with challenging problems, setting goals, prioritizing and implementing appropriate research programs
5. Demonstrated ability to manage people both domestically and internationally and the ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels within a team environment.
6. Experience in presentations at conferences and industry meetings
7. The Director of Research & Development must have an understanding and appreciation for the business needs of the animal feed industry and must be effective in supporting those needs.
Contact Peter Lu firstname.lastname@example.org Website：<http://kemin.com/>