SCCAEPA Board of Directors (2010)
Mission Statement of SCCAEPA
To promote environmental awareness and members communications, to participate in and serve the environmental scientific community and the Chinese American community.
Highlights of SCCAEPA
- Founded in 1991 as a non-profit organization [501(c)(3)].
- More than 250 members who are scientists, engineers, professors, students, and environmental professionals working in sectors of government, municipalities, and consultants.
- More than 90% members have advanced degrees (Masters or Doctorates).
- 7-15 board members elected every year and the board meeting held quarterly.
- Organized and/or sponsored more than 30 Technical Seminars/Workshops on various environmental topics.
- Hosted International Environmental Symposium in L. A. in 1997, 2008 & 2009.
- Co-hosted 3 annual Asian American Environmental Symposium since 2006 at UCLA, Cal-poly Pomona, and USC.
- Hosted and educated frequently Chinese environmental delegations and visitors from overseas.
- Participated in regular local Chinese radio/TV shows for environmental issues.
- Won a Grant from Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission for Chinese Community Education on Recycling (2005).
- Won a Grant from MWDSC for Community Partnering Program (2006).
- Awarded a grant for scholarship from Southern California Edison (SCE) (2009).
If you want to join the SCCAEPA and/or would like to participate in SCCAEPA activities, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCCAEPA, P.O. BOX 90783, City of Industry, CA 91715