CALL FOR US SESSION CHAIRS & SPEAKERS
24th Modern Engineering & Technology Seminar 2012
November 11-14, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen:
On behalf of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, USA（CIE/USA）, we would like to solicit qualified session speakers for the 24th Modern Engineering & Technology Seminar（METS）scheduled for November 11-14, 2012, in Taipei, Taiwan.
First established in 1966 jointly by CIE/USA and CIE/Taiwan, METS is a once every two-year event that invites engineers and scientists in the US and Taiwan together a conference in Taipei. These series of seminars and workshops have successfully promoted technology exchanges between the US and Taiwan, and mutually benefited members of the technical societies on both sides.
CIE/USA is a professional non-profit and non-political organization founded in 1917 in New York by a group of Chinese engineers who were educated in the US and worked at various US industries. During the past decades, CIE/USA has grown into a 5000+ member technical society includes seven local chapters throughout the US.
Based on over 46-years’ tradition of METS, CIE/USA is collaborating again with CIE/Taiwan this year to organize “METS 2012”. The program includes seminar sessions and panel discussions. Overall goal is to facilitate interactions among scientists and engineers from US and Taiwan.
The METS 2012 US Organizing Committee would like to officially announce the call for papers and US session speakers for the following six（6）major sessions（please see page 3 for session subtopics）:
- Renovation of Modern Municipalities
- Sustainable Environmental Technology
- EV Transportation System and Service
- Cloud Computing and Application and Service
- Digital Education and Learning
- High Value-Added Chemical Industry
Each Session will have one session chair plus up to 2 speakers for selected subtopics. The session chair is also required to deliver a paper. All technical papers shall be prepared and published in English, but oral presentations and discussions are to be conducted in Mandarin. Pending on the available translation, English presentations need the approval from CIE/Taiwan. Round-trip airfare and accommodation during the conference period in Taiwan will be provided.
If you are an expert in the areas indicated in the list of sessions and willing to participate the full scheduled event, please follow the instructions below to e-mail the completed forms back to Dr. Jun-Min Liu, METS2012 Administrator:
- A one-page Abstract of your proposed paper and one-page brief biography（CV）in English for the session you are interested in by June 1, 2012.
- A final selection decision will be made by CIE/Taiwan. The selected speakers will be notified by METS 2012 US Committee by July 15, 2012 with a paper template attachment. The Paper of 6-8 pages long is due by August 30, 2012.
- Two templates/forms（Abstract and BIO/CV）are attached in this invitation for your use. For any further questions, please contact Dr. Jun-Min Liu, METS 2012 Administrator or one of the METS 2012 committee members.
Your submission materials shall be in Microsoft Word format with letter size paper（8.5”x11”）, 1.375” margin from all sides, font size of 16 for title and of 12 for the rest. For the selected speakers, your full paper of 6-8 pages will need an approval from your company or institution prior to the METS official publication. A release form will be provided to you in completing such company approval process. In additional, to attend the METS meetings, any form of commercial and product promotional activities are strictly prohibited.
Your assistance in sharing this announcement with your colleagues is greatly appreciated. METS 2012 U.S. Organizing Committee looks forward to hearing from you soon.
Jiin Chen, Ph.D, Chairman
METS2012 US Committee
14211 SE 83rd St.,
Newcastle, WA 98059
Yung Sung Cheng, Ph.D, Vice Chair
METS2012 US Committee
114201 Desert Classic, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111
METS 2012 SESSION SUBTOPICS
- Renovation of Modern Municipalities（現代化都市更新）
（Three speakers will be selected from the theme above）
- Sustainable Environmental Technology（永續環境科技）
- EV Transportation System and Service（電動化運輸系統與服務）
- Cloud Computing and Application（雲端運算之應用與服務）
觀光（One speaker will be selected from the list below）:
醫療（Two speakers will be selected）
- Digital Education and Learning（數位化教育學習）
（Three speakers will be selected from the list below）
- High Value-Added Chemical Industry（高值石化產業）
（3 speakers will be selected from the list below）
a）Industrial Catalysis & Processing
ii. Development of polyolefin catalysts
iii. Development of 高分子氫化催化技術
i. Developments in AMOLED, photovoltaics, and LED lighting
ii. Taiwan’s opportunities and strategic plan
iii. Processing technologies of optoelectronic polymers
c）High Performance Rubbers
i. Recent development
ii. Compounding and applications
e）Biomass Based Chemicals and Polymers
i. Global development of technologies and applications
ii. Commercialization aspect
iii. Development strategy
i. Business trend
ii. Technology trend
iii. Taiwan’s opportunity
i. Graphene, carbon fiber or electrode carbon