|Sino-American Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Professionals Association 8th Annual SABPA Pacific Forum|
|2012/9/19 15:29:46 ｜ 浏览：1903 ｜ 评论：1|
8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday, October 6, 2012
Institute of Americas, UCSD
$20 for early birds by Oct. 1, $50 onsite registration（cash or check onsite）; $10 off for students and postdocs. Fees include program brochure, continental breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch and onsite reception. Online registration closes on Oct. 3.
Breakfast and Registration
- Peter Zhu, President, SABPA, San Diego Chapter
- Yung-Chih Wang, Ph.D., MBA, Chair, Pacific Alliance Committee, SABPA; VP, Corporate Development, China, HUYA Bioscience International
Enhancing the Pharmaceutical Innovative Engine through Strategic Outsourcing and Partnerships
- Valeria Fantin, Ph.D., Vice President, Tumor Cell Biology, Pfizer
Drug Discovery in the New Era：Winning Global Competition
- JinZi Wu, Ph.D., President & CEO, Ascletis, Inc.
Perspectives of Global Partnerships for Drug Discovery and Development
- Richard Soll, Ph.D., Senior VP of Integrated Services and Head of Corporate Alliances, WuXi AppTec
Passion, Innovation and Execution--the Driving Forces of Novel Biotech Enterprises
- Guo-Liang Yu, Ph.D., President & CEO, Epitomics Inc.
Panel Discussion：Integrating Resources and Overcoming Obstacles for Pharmaceutical Innovation
- Session Leader:
Bill Christiansen, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Panel Speakers：
Chunlin Chen, Ph.D., CEO of Shanghai Medicilon
Dana Hu-Lowe, Ph.D., VP and Head of Translational and Clinical Sciences of Shanghai ChemPartner Co.
Brian Maron, Site Executive Director, Covance
David Miao, Ph.D., CSO, Concortis Biosystems Corp.
Peng Wang, Ph.D., Director of Chemistry, Hamari Chemicals USA SDRC
Opening of Afternoon Sessions
- Stephanie Shi, Ph.D., Co-Chair, Pacific Alliance, SABPA; Integrated Sourcing Lead, External Research Solutions, Pfizer
Creating Pockets of Innovation in China
- John Oyler, Founder & CEO, Beigene
A Decade of Changes and Opportunities：One Returnee’s Experiences for Biomedical Research in China
- Hongkui Deng, Ph.D., Professor Cell Biology and Genetics, Beijing University
Impacting the Bottom Line：The Evolving Economics of Pharmaceutical Research and Commercial Information
- Tim Hoctor, Commercial Director, Elsevier
Panel Discussion：Leveraging Cross-Pacific Investment in Life Sciences
- Session Leader:
Paul Grayson, CEO, Anaphore
- Panel Speakers:
Karl Handelsman, Managing Director, Life Sciences, CMEA Capital
James Huang, Managing Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers China, Shanghai, China
Andrew Wiseman, Ph.D. Corporate Business Development Officer, UC San Diego
Guo-Liang Yu, Ph.D., President & CEO, Epitomics Inc.
Introduction to Dongguan Songshanhu Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone（东莞松山湖科技产业园区）
- Mingzhu Zhang, Ph.D., Executive VP, SABPA; VP of Business Development, Shanghai Medicilon
Close of Forum
SABPA is a 501C（3）non-profit organization