we are happy to announce that the 13th SICC international tutorial workshop "Topics in Nonlinear Dynamics" will be held at the Politecnico di Torino, 29-30 October 2018. This year, the focus is on the fascinating theme of "Complexity and the city".
Registration to the 13TH SICC International Tutorial Workshop "TOPICS IN NONLINEAR DYNAMICS" can be done at this address https://complexcity.polito.it/registration/
Phd Students and Junior researchers will be given the opportunity to share their research results to the other participants and the audience at large through a dynamical and fun presentation style: the PechaKucha. 20 timed slides shown for 20 seconds each (6 minutes 40 seconds in total), a unique, fun, and challenging way to communicate your research and receive feedback!
Submit your talk proposal in the form of a one-page abstract to email@example.com within September 30. It’s going to be fun!
AIM AND SCOPE
The workshop is the 13th of a series of tutorial workshops annually organized to explore the emergence of new research fields in which modeling, analysis and control of nonlinear and complex systems play a role of growing importance. These workshops have been traditionally devoted to an interdisciplinary audience with particular attention to PhD students and young researchers. The theme of this year is “Complexity and The City” with a unique focus on interactions, mobility, epidemics, information and misinformation spreading, and many other complex phenomena typical of urban environments.
The workshop will gather scholars, students, and practitioners for two days of presentations and debates around complex systems science and its interplay with urban environments. A series of plenary lectures from renowned scholars is planned, while PhD students and young researchers will have dedicated sessions to present their research activity in an effective and appealing way. Social events will foster interaction and creation of collaboration opportunities.
* Amin Amjoshoaa, Senseable City Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA
* Andrea Baronchelli, City University of London, UK (TBC)
* Baruch Barzel, Bar Ilan University, Tel Aviv, Israel
* Carlo Ratti, Senseable City Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA
* Chiara Poletto, EPIcx Lab, Inserm, Paris, France
* Fabio Duarte, Senseable City Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA
* Giancarlo Ruffo, University of Torino, Italy
* Guido Caldarelli, IMT Lucca, Italy
* Mario Di Bernardo, Università degli Studi Federico II, Napoli, Italy and University of Bristol, UK
* Maurizio Porfiri, New York University Tandon School of Engineering, Brooklyn NY, USA (TBC)
* Paolo Santi, Senseable City Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA
* Kimon Valavanis, Unmanned Systems Research Institute, University of Denver, CO, USA
SUBMISSIONS AND REGISTRATION
Submissions and registration are open.
Please, find more information at: https://complexcity.polito.it
SICC - Societa'' Italiana Caos e Complessita''