|NECINA Lab Android Development Workshop - Where you learn the technical know-hows and have fun |
NECINA Labis offering an Android Platform Development Workshop. In this workshop, you will learn the basics of Android platform, understand the application lifecycle, and by the end of the workshop, you will be able to write simple GUI applications, use built-in widgets and components, as well as the advanced capabilities and APIs such as background services, accelerometers, graphics, and GPS. Different from traditional lecture-based technical training, student engagement is the center of the NECINA Lab design:
• In each lab the students will build a simple application based on lab lecture.
• Every student will design and develop a final project to accomplish this training. The instructor and TA will help students to finalize the idea, resolve technical issues and complete the project after the training.
• Training certificate is based upon completion of final project.
Fees: $50/member; $85/non-member
Schedule and Locations
May 1, 6 ~ 9:30 pm: IBM Innovation Center, 404 Wyman Street, North Entrance, Waltham, MA 02454-1280
May 8 , 6 ~ 9:30 pm: Deloitte, 1000 Winter Street, Suite 2000, Waltham, MA 02451.
May 15, 6 ~ 9:30 pm: IBM Innovation Center, 404 Wyman Street, North Entrance, Waltham, MA 02454-1280
May 22, 6 ~ 9:30 pm: Deloitte, 1000 Winter Street, Suite 2000, Waltham, MA 02451.
May 28, 6 ~ 9:30 pm: Deloitte, 1000 Winter Street, Suite 2000, Waltham, MA 02451.
• Object-Oriented programming experience, prefer Java programming language
• Laptop with wireless network card
Trainer Bio: Bin Lee - Bin Lee is a seasoned software engineer with extensive experience on mobile application development. He has worked for multiple companies or as an individual consultant, and built multiple applications in Apple Appstore, and Android market. The applications included social gaming, utilities, e-commerce and 3D visualizations. Bin Lee is also a co-founder of a couple Chinese technologies companies and has conducted many training courses including mobile development in China. Bin has a M.Sc. in Computer Sciences from the University of Houston (1996).
For detailed syllabus
Event Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com