The followings are the upcoming events from NECINA and its partners. We hope you could attend and enjoy the events.
1. Legal Seminar: China Intellectual Property Landscape & Practice (July 24th)
2. New England Chinese Professional Summer Outing (Aug 14th)
Free Legal Seminar
• Title: China Intellectual Property Landscape & Practice
• Time: 10:00am-12:00pm, July 24 (Saturday)
• Place: MIT, Building E-25, room 117
45 Carleton St., Cambridge MA 02142
• Speaker: Dr. Zoe (Zhaohui) Wang, J.D., Ph.D
The surging growth of china in the past 20 years as an economic super-power has made it a magnet to international businesses. Intellectual property protection is increasingly critical for companies to establish and maintain strong competitive edge in the marketplace. Yet foreign companies entering the Chinese markets often find themselves operating in an uncharted territory with different IP laws and regulations. IP rights protection in China is as challenging as it is confusing.
To help our members to better understand and navigate China's complex IP system, OCEAN, along with CABA, NECINA and ACBEA, is pleased to host a free seminar about current Chinese IP law and practice. The invited speaker is Dr. Zoe (Zhaohui) Wang, currently a partner at JUN HE, a prominent law firm in China, with over 300 attorneys and offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Dalian, Haikou, Hong Kong, Los Angeles and New York City. Zoe is widely recognized as one of top IP prosecutors/litigators in China.
Please contact Karl Qin at Biopharma Vision (617-470-6099) if you have any questions.
Background about the speaker
Zoe's practice is focused on patent prosecution, infringement and validity opinions, freedom-to-operate analyses, due diligence review, patent litigation, technology transfers and licensing, trademark and trade secret protection strategies. Her work involves technologies in the fields of biotechnology, chemistry, material science, software, electronics and device.
Prior to joining Jun He, Zoe was the managing partner of Perkins Coie LLP. She joined Perkins Coie in 2005 and moved to Shanghai to help open the Perkins Coie Shanghai office. Prior to Perkins Coie, Zoe practiced law in New York at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom (1999 to 2003), and at Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner (2003 to 2005).
Zoe graduated from Wuhan University with a B.S. in Virology; a Ph.D. in biology from Duke University; a J.D. from Columbia University.
New England Chinese Professional Summer Outing
An annual event co-organized by ACMA, CABA, CAIPLA, NECINA & OCEAN
• When: Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (rain date: Aug. 15)
• Where: Hopkinton State Park, 268 Cedar Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748
- Picnic, biking, hiking, swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, beach, soccer, volleyball, raffle prizes, kids games
- Consultation with professionals including doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs
Members & Family: $8/adult, $5/kid (5-18y), free/kid
Non-members: $10 / adult, $5/kid (5-18y), free/kid
Payment is due on site. Cash Only.
- Please RSVP by August 7th to secure the seats, space is limited. Last year it's was a sold-out event! http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/TECAVMJKSWHZBWPPGKJZ/summer2010
• Members of hosting organization, when you register @ Evite, please indicate your organization …