|APEX's 6th Annual Community Leaders Reception:|
"Next Steps: The Future Direction of the Asian American Community"
Join us at this event to meet the movers and shakers of the APIA community. This exciting event combines a networking reception together with inspirational speakers on important topics affecting the Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) community. California State Controller John Chiang and Assembly Member Mike Eng of the 49th Assembly District are scheduled to attend! Come meet them.
- What does it mean to be APIA in 2012?
- What lessons can APIAs draw from the 1992 L.A. Riots?
- How are APIAs perceived by decision makers in business and politics?
- How do we address negative comments and stereotypes of APIAs in the media?
- What are the issues that affect APIAs that you should know and care about?
- What are folks from different backgrounds doing to advance the interests of APIAs in politics, business, media, and social services?
- What tools are at your disposal to empower yourself and the APIA community?
ROUNDTABLE PANEL SPEAKERS:
JAY CHEN, Board Member, Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
KATHAY FENG, Exec. Director, California Common Cause
HYEPIN IM, CEO, Korean Churches for Community Development
BILL IMADA, Chairman and CEO of IW Group
CHANCEE MARTORELL, Executive Director, Thai Community Development Center
TEDDY ZEE, Producer & Entertainment Executive
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS INCLUDE
JOHN CHIANG, California State Controller
MIKE ENG, Assembly Member of the 49th California Assembly District
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles Hotel
711 S. Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
6:00PM - Opening/Networking Reception
7:15PM - Roundtable Discussion
9:00PM-10:00PM - Closing/Networking Reception
Appetizers and refreshments will be provided (first come, first served). A cash bar will also be available. Reception music by DJ Jeremy.
Pre-registration available through 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 16.
Premium members: $10 w/pre-registration
Register here: http://membership.apex.org
Non-members: $15 w/pre-registration
Register here: http://apexclr2012.eventbrite.com